For Healthcare Professionals
For Discharge Planners, Care Coordinators, MDS Coordinators / Skilled and Assisted Living Facilities
We work closely with healthcare professionals in hospitals, assisted living and nursing facilities to provide support, education and consulting, as well as complementary services.
Referral and Intake
We keep trained admissions staff immediately available to you to facilitate smooth and timely transition to hospice care, both from a healthcare and an administrative standpoint. Upon receiving your referral, our admissions team responds within a two hour time frame or more quickly as indicated to meet the needs of the patient.
Prompt and ongoing communication with patients, their families, and care providers is a priority at Pathways. Our health care team understands that patient’s conditions and situations can change quickly and we strive to provide information and resources quickly.
Pathways offers comprehensive resources to help you serve your patients and their families:
- Medical professionals. Our experienced medical professionals, specialized in hospice care and grief support, are available 24/7 for consultation and assistance.
- Grief support. Pathways for Grief and Loss staff provides support for hospice patients, their families and friends through counseling, education, art therapy, and child therapy.
- Education. Clinical specialists provide clinical education and informational in-services on end-of-life care, Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment (MOST), Advance Directives, and other topics related to hospice care and bereavement.
- Complementary services. Hospice trained volunteers offer a variety of services to facilitate comfort and care for patients. Companionship and pet visits, veteran-to-veteran partners, massage therapy, healing touch/comfort touch, and photography are just a few of the many services offered by Pathways.
- Library. Our library provides easy access to specialized resources for patients, families, and community. We offer a variety of books, pamphlets, brochures, and online resources, as well as Veteran specific and limited Spanish books. A DVD – “Clinical Overview of Pathways Hospice Care” is available by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling our main office at 970-663-3500.
- Financial Services. Billing and coding assistance is available through our financial services department.