“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
Pathways is pleased to offer Larimer and Weld County military veterans a new program focused on providing respectful and compassionate care, recognition of their service, and specialized support for their families. With approximately 23,000 veterans residing in Larimer County (2009, www.co.larimer.co.us) who may experience unique challenges at end of life as a result of their military involvement, we are improving our hospice and support services to those who have served us.
- Identify patients and immediate family members who have served our country
- Educate our clinical professionals to provide specialized care to patients with a history of military service and possibly physical or psychological trauma
- Work collaboratively with Larimer County Veterans Services & the VA Medical Center
- Offer a Veterans to Veterans Volunteer Program
- Provide resources through our Community Library specifically for veterans
- Partner with community veteran’s organizations
- Recognize the contributions of veterans through ceremonies and events
- Pay tribute to all US military veterans through our on-site Honoring Veterans Garden
A Program Provided By Pathways. In Partnership With: NHPCO We Honor Veterans
We Honor Veterans is a project of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in performance of a contract with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Please feel free to call with any questions you may have (970) 663-3500. Pathways is located in Fort Collins but provides the Northern Colorado communities of Loveland, Windsor, and Greeley with our hospice care and support for Veterans.